Saturday 26 January 2008

What To Eat?



Serves:
4-6

Preparation Time:
20 minutes plus time to marinade.

Cooking Time:
30 minutes on low heat

Ingredients:
2 tbsp-olive oil
1kg large prawns or 500g shelled shrimps
1 tablespoon vinegar
1 teaspoon garlic paste
1 tablespoon tomato paste
Pinch of ajinomoto / msg (can be omitted)
2 teaspoons Hot Curry Paste
¾ cup gram flour
¼ cup refined flour
2 eggs
6 cloves garlic
1 whole bunch spring onions finely chopped

Instructions:
1. Shell and de-vein prawns. Wash and marinate with salt, vinegar and garlic paste.

2. Heat oil. Add finely chopped garlic and tomato paste. Add ½ cup water, salt, Ferns' Hot Curry Paste and ajinomoto. Simmer for 10 minutes.

3. Make a paste with 2 tablespoons corn flour and a little water and stir into the sauce to thicken. Make a batter with corn flour, refined flour and 2 eggs and salt to taste.

4. Dip the prawns in batter and deep fry in hot oil. Add the prawns to the hot garlic sauce.

Garnish with finely chopped spring onion greens and decorate with spring onion flowers.


Serving ideas: Serve with Fresh Naan bread or Rice and a nicely cut cucumber salad





Whenever I want to eat something I always find it difficult to decide as to what to eat.I am not a great believer in best cuisines and fail to see how you can pick just one cuisine and call it the best. To me its a question of taste and if it looks and tastes good I am all for it because everybody's tastes are different.

I am really lucky that I come from a diplomatic background and have travelled the world extensively and eaten foods from 20 countries and most of whatI've eated has always been delicious. Indian cuisine always comes out at the top of my favourites. The curried meats, especially lamb and chicken are always exquisitely spiced with whole spices and always so tender.I do have one simple if I am going to try out a new cuisines I will always ask a friend for a recommendation and follow that through. When comes down to vegetarian dishes I usually go for spinach and cauliflower and potato combination, which is also excellent for accompanying the ever so elegant Raan of Lamb which if prepared properly in a yoghurt marinade is usually succulent and crumbles in the mouth.I have actually been intrepid enough to make it at home and its been worth the effort. I have also given you one of my most tasty and moist curries that can be thrown together without effort.So if are reading then the this is thr recipe to make.

No comments: